Monday, December 15, 2008

Who in the world was Ankhesenpaaten?!

Ankhesenpaaten (now why anyone would name their kid that, is beyond me!) was actually King Tutankhamen's wife. After she and Tut married, her name was changed to Ankhesenamun; by changing the ending from 'aten' to 'amun.' After Tutankhamen's sudden death at the young age of 19, (I hope I live longer than that!!) Ankhesenpamun married this guy named Ay. (If my husband died, I think it would take me a bit longer to take everything in, and alot longer to go out and just find someone else to marry.) It was said to be believed that the elder of Tutankhamen's two advisors, Ay, and the other, Horemheb, obliterated most of the evidence of the reigns of Akhenaten, Tutankhamun, and Ay. (Akhenaten was a pharoah who tried to supplant the priesthood and gods with another god.) And finally, Tut's death was revealed, and Ankhesenamun was no longer charged/believed to have killed her husband.

1 comment:

  1. I didnt know king tut had a wife. I also didnt know that he died so young. I agree with you i want to live older than that! :)

    ReplyDelete